New York, NY
Salary: $50.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of consulting and/or product/tech experience
- A love of technology and leveraging it to do in the world
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage small engagements or work streams and multiple team members with confidence
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgement
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Proficient in Smartsheet’s or other project management software & familiarity with writing and reviewing software development project plans
About the Position:
Karma Advisory is looking for problem solvers, who adapt and change to meet client needs. We seek to be agile, solve clients must pressing challenges, and keep forward momentum.
- You will support in project managing tech strategy and digital transformation projects — from design, to development and implementation.
- You will support in interviewing clients, understanding client needs, and translating business needs to technical needs.
- You will conduct analyses and design technology solutions to support digital transformations.
- You will develop presentations and help facilitate decisions with a wide-range of stakeholders each with different priorities.
The role involves the following activities:
- Leading in the project management of several technology-focused projects, from requirements gathering to development, testing and release. You should feel comfortable with agile and waterfall approaches to software implementation, and using technology-focused project management and reporting tools. This role requires you to “roll up your sleeves” and do what is necessary to deliver the project.
- Facilitating stakeholder decision-making and communication. Given the wide range of priorities and the need for collaboration, you should be knowledgeable and customer-oriented, possessing strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
Analysis and Critical Thinking
- Research, analysis and synthesizing complex ideas for presentations and discussions
- Interviewing clients, gathering business requirements, documenting business process flows, and translating business needs to technical needs.
- Developing technical architecture and designing technology solutions and frameworks
- Troubleshooting critical issues and bring a calm presence to facilitate issue resolution.
The specific project:
We are working with a local government agency to help them identify broadband access/choice/quality issues, assess where digital divide is worst, and develop recommendations to alleviate those problems.
About Karma Advisory:
Karma Advisory works at the intersection of business and technology for both public and private sector clients. We are focused on helping organizations translate their business needs into actionable technology solutions. We work with our clients teams to understand their goals and on-the-ground realities, and work side-by-side to implement solutions. In addition, our work to design and develop consumer and enterprise software products helps us bring best practices in agile and product management plus a depth of experience user experience design, analytics and more to all our clients. Our aspiration is to work with clients doing good in the world; to be a trusted and purpose-driven partner; and, bring a values-driven approach to working with our clients to achieve their vision and goals.